Do Not Let Land Use And Zoning Issues Stop You
If you own commercial real estate and plan to develop your property, expand a building or take advantage of a new business opportunity, you must overcome land use and zoning obstacles. Land use and zoning issues can be a headache, but they must be dealt with and resolved in a timely manner.
As an attorney who focuses on commercial real estate, I have more than 20 years of experience in all areas of municipal zoning and land use in the Indianapolis area and beyond. As a former city planner, I know how municipal and county governments operate, and I can remove land use and zoning problems that stand in the way of your goals.
I provide legal services for:
- Building and land use
- Variances to existing development restrictions
- Variances of use
- Special exceptions
- Plats and vacations of plats or rights-of-way
- Nonconforming use/”grandfathering”
- Defense of municipal code enforcement citations
- Appeals and judicial review of municipal zoning decisions or administrator’s decisions
- Alcoholic beverage permits or special event permitting
- Historic preservation approvals
Also, I am well-versed in zoning and appeals litigation.
Are You Out Of Compliance?
Have you received a letter that says your commercial property is out of compliance with local zoning, property use or environmental laws?
Do not panic.
Before you respond to a notification, call me to discuss your options. In many cases, there are cost-effective financial strategies for appealing the decision or applying for a variance based on your specific circumstances.